Object Media Limited
Object Media provides software consultancy for Microsoft Windows operating systems and Unix operating systems.
Recently we have developed software tools to help us perform our work for clients more effectively. Some of these software tools have been licensed to Software Verification Limited and can be found at the Software Verification website. The remaining software tools are provided free on this website.
Typical areas of work:
- Development of advanced software engineering tools for automating error detection and improving quality assurance.
- Speech enabled internet aware devices to provide email, news and web enabled applications for blind and partially sighted people.
- Geographic information systems for GSM cellular telephone planning and defence applications.
- Reverse engineering. For one client we had to reverse engineer existing software already owned by the client so that the client could identify the algorithm used by their software for a patent application (the original engineer had left the company with very little documentation).
- Multimedia authoring systems.
- Talking web browsers.
- Bug fixing existing customer applications.
- Multi-platform development (ie, Unix and VMS).
- Porting software (Win32 -> Win64, Win16 -> Win32).
- Memory leak and resource leak detection and correction.
- Performance degradation analysis and correction.
- User interface development.
- Prototyping and research.
- Rapid product development by using an iterative build and test approach to software development.
- Data parsing.